Clinics & Services
The practice nurses can be seen by appointment and offer a range of services including cervical smears, dressings, ear syringing, blood pressure checks, chronic disease management, immunisations & vaccinations, family planning and contraception.
Healthcare Assistant (HCA)
The healthcare assistants offer ECG, blood tests, blood pressure checks, lifestyle advice, chronic disease management and new patient checks.
- Child Immunisations - please ring the surgery to book an appointment when due. Please ensure that you bring your child's red book as no vaccinations will be given without this.
- Maternity Care - the midwife offers weekly clinics at the Abernant Surgery on Thursdays 09:30 – 15:30 and provides care for you and your baby during pregnancy, delivery and 10 days after.
- Counselling - weekly clinics are held to discuss various problems such as bereavement, depression and anxiety.
- Well Woman Clinic - please ring to book your appointment which is conducted by the practice nurse who can offer cervical screening and breast awareness advice within a well person check-up.
- Optometry - Do you have an urgent eye problem? Most Optometry (Opticians) Services offer an urgent eye care service. This NHS service is free for all urgent eye care problems. Contact your local Opticians for advice. For further information and practices in your area visit www.eyecarewales.nhs.uk
- Physiotherapy - You are now able to self-refer to the physiotherapy service directly if you have a bone, joint or muscle concern.